Mumbai is not a city, it is a beehive!

Of course, it is a city in the literal light-bulbs of the mind. For the sake of proving a point, the title had to be quirky. The bus ride, connected minds, helpful people, random smiles and yet again wada pav. Though by now I have also started eating poha and aloo ke parathe for breakfast. I used to eat from a shop outside Kokilaben Dhirubai Ambani Hospital. Suddenly, that has changed. I found a better place around 25 steps from the original one. After breakfast, I head down to another stall for tea. In front of that is a naariyal paani waala. Why did I call it a beehive? Take a look at the picture. What do you see?

Photo by Atharva Tulsi on Unsplash

14.09.2019 - 12:59 PM

Whoever that Shivendu was. Haven't been able to spot the shop from a few days. There's one general thing though. I feel like everyone is quite frustrated here. Like all the time. I was told that this is the city's love for you. And I am getting it. The words are supremacy. They love you like you are theirs. I have also heard that the city has been through a lot and that comes as a fact.

The Beehive Thing

I entered a BEST bus and suddenly this vibe struck my very knees. Tiredness, laziness and the will to sleep. Though I am never usually tired until I actually want to sleep. That is when my brain makes a demand - "Fellow human, you must sleep now or I will stop firing neurons." And then, I sleep. Now if everyone around you wants to sleep, why wouldn't you want to? The resistance was failing. Bees stay in a group most of the time and when it's about honey their will to unite is stronger than ever.

I love to hold an epicuristic personality in this city. Very less judgmental eyes out there unless you are dancing in a metro train. Swapnil Dwivedi, the photographer pulled that one off too with an enthusiastic nature. And still, no one said a word. No one interrupted. That's the thing I suppose, either they don't care or they care too much. There's no in between.

I hope this feeling isn't ephemeral. This city ignites a certain curiosity in you. When your subconscious sees everyone around you working, day in day out - it wants you - no no - it commands you to work. And when you do, you enjoy the fruity taste of hard labor. Results are something that have varying dependencies. I have stopped caring about them. This singular change hit me in 11th standard. A fun story, can be told on a park bench or a coffee table.

Comments

Popular Posts