Money, Economy, Films... Full Stop.

This summer wasn't a vacation, winters seem to be heading in the same direction. This year has only two months for some people. Nations across the globe announced total lock-down giving people time to reflect upon themselves and the world. These are trying times when the issue for mental health came back to light; actually it never left the spot. We were the ones who were ignorant from time to time.

Photo by Camila Perez on Unsplash
Air travel changed. Ways of living changed. What is it that didn't change? Everything did. Our lives were affected in each and every possible way. Fear of the virus made people return to their roots. Amidst all this we saw riots, violence and even a glimpse of what could have been a war. People are upset and as I said earlier, these are trying times.

Will, patience and your productivity is what will get you through to the other side. We lost a lot of industry gems. I have been trying to write a couple of feature-length screenplays for the first time. 
Kaafi mushkil aur draining process hai. Lekin ek baar agar aap likhna shuru karo flow me toh kuch khatam karne ka ehsaas bhi alag khushi deta hai.

I hope to make some good films in my career unlike the ones I have already made. Please just forget those films. Haha! If I complete at least four to five scripts, I feel like I will be ready for the industry when it starts working again like it used to. 
The vaccine is being rushed in order for people to get back to handling the economy. The ones who couldn't wait are already out there. Elon Musk, this wonderful man jumped right out of science fiction didn't he? Oh boy. Take me to Mars, sir. I too want our species to be a multi-planetary species. This reminds me, I read somewhere that Mr. Elon and Mr. Tom Cruise are teaming up to shoot a film in space and Christopher McQuarrie is attached to the project. Something huge is coming and I can't wait for it. I remember watching MI: Fallout in a cinema hall with my friends. What an experience! The movie grabs you and doesn't let you go till the very end. The kind of stuff you would want from an action film. No breathing room at all.

Many industry professionals in my country including my own boss has decided not to resume filming until a vaccine arrives. I feel like that is a great decision that will put a lot of minds at ease. I am kind of enjoying this time. It was much needed. With family, all the time and living life as it is supposed to be lived. Extracting the most out of a day. The only catch is you can't go out. I have watched so much, learned so much and read plenty. All my 'tick-boxes' lists are a little shorter now. Thanks to this ample of time. I even went to my grandparent's place after being quarantined for 14 days. Considering everything was safe and sound, we decided to go to Unnao. That was fun as well.

I spend the starting two months alone in Mumbai. I was stranded over there as road, air and train travel had been completely restricted throughout the country. Everyone was forced to confine to their own homes. In my case I was living in a rented flat in Mumbai, away from my family in Ghaziabad. I tried not to lose my shit. Kept video-calling friends and family to remain calm. I remember eating cuppa noodles for lunch every-day. A lot of burgers and pizzas went down my throat during that period of time. I had a makeshift home-theater setup ready which included a projector, speakers and a PS4 Pro. Dreamy right? Not really. It will hit you sooner or later. The emptiness. You feel as if you are being crushed by those walls if you stay inside for so long. I love staying inside but I also don't enjoy not going outside at all. And there were multiple days when I didn't even take a step out. My sleep cycle was reversed and I didn't even open the door for the old man who collected garbage bags. Eat, sleep, watch repeat. Abiskar Banikya organised a workshop which made me feel good about myself. It was a nice session. I messed up a little but still hoping someone somewhere found something useful in it. My godparents also called me. I consider them my godparents despite being an agnostic. Does that make sense? hehe. 

Aur kuch zyada hua nahi, ab main ghar aa gaya hun. Ghar aaya tha main Satendra Singh ke saath jo apni gaadi drive karke hame Mumbai se yahan le aaye. Hum teen log the jo Mumbai se yahan aa gaye via road. Mujhe saara samaan including my home-theater setup sab ek din me pack karna pada. Sab kuch panniyon me karke rakh diya and landlord ne tareef bhi ki meri. 

*sighs* Ye bhi tal jaayega... This too shall pass...

Comments

Popular Posts